Release notes IDEA StatiCa Steel & Concrete 22.0
Note: Connection Browser was renamed to Connection Library with version 23.0 (April, 2023).
What is new? Connection Browser can now create company sets of steel connections. Two new BIM links, improved imports to Checkbot for all existing links. New connections modeling tools, better concrete result analysis, improved UI of our applications, and much more.
Discover all the improvements below and Calculate yesterday's estimates!
News for Steel
Although our steel applications for connection and member design are leading the market already, we keep improving them rapidly. Connection Browser now enables you to create and share your connection designs with colleagues in your company. This means your unique company set of connections, synced automatically to all users of your license, ready to be used!
We have solved the challenging cutting and welding of members going through another member of a hollow section. Moreover, you will be able to simulate the connection of the member to, for example, a slab providing additional support against lateral-torsional buckling. This works both for IDEA StatiCa Connection and IDEA StatiCa Member.
IDEA StatiCa Connection is now also able to check the contact between a baseplate and a concrete block even without installed anchors. Our focus was also on updating our material library and complementing the code checks based on your design code. We have specified the points of consideration when connecting hollow sections with long bolts going through.
Analysis of fatigue was supplemented by the checks of the stress directly in the welds as well as in plates next to them. And for better safety, the setup of loads in equilibrium will be the default from now on.
Last but not least, our Connection Lite free cloud service was updated to comply with the latest desktop application.
Enable your team to design thousands of connections:
- Connection Browser now creates company sets of your steel connection designs
- Improved filters to find and save connections
- Updated the default set of connections
Read about company sets & Connection Browser
Connection design and analysis improvements:
- Surface - all around new cutting method (since 21.1.2 patch)
- Lateral-Torsional Restraint at the member with defined stiffness
- Fatigue analysis improvements (since 21.1.1 patch)
- Through bolts for hollow sections warning (since 21.1.2 patch)
- Baseplate connection without anchors (since 21.1.4 patch)
- Loads in equilibrium as default
- Material library and code checks update
- Curve export to DXF
- Connection Lite update
News for Concrete and Prestressing
IDEA StatiCa Detail has earned a leading position in the design and assessment of concrete structures and details, especially in cases of difficult parts of the structures with openings or abrupt changes in geometry where classical beam theory cannot be applied. We have listened to your requests and developed frequently asked features to IDEA StatiCa Detail. Now engineers can minimize the errors and let IDEA StatiCa calculate the self-weight of the structure automatically. No matter how complex is the geometry, haunches, complex cross-sections, discontinuity regions with different thicknesses. We improved and speed up the CSFM solver and expanded the analysis results. IDEA StatiCa Detail is a powerful, fast, and safe tool for the structural design of concrete structures.
IDEA StatiCa Member - in the previous version, we implemented the GMNIA nonlinear method. In version 22, we focused on user interface improvements, such as facilitating the input of geometry and loads, and especially on the interpretation of the outputs of the nonlinear analysis. These UI improvements speed up the process of modeling, facilitate the inputs and make your work in IDEA StatiCa Member even more efficient.
The improvements in Concrete and Prestressing include:
- Auto-calculation of self-weight of discontinuity regions
- Up to 4-times faster CSFM solver
- Thorough CSFM results are available
- Auto-calculation of short-term losses for post-tensioned tendons in IDEA StatiCa Detail
- Bulk import from DXF drawing to IDEA StatiCa Detail (since 21.1.1 patch)
- Ordering of load cases in IDEA StatiCa Detail (since 21.1.1 patch)
- Improved result interpretation of concrete members (since 21.1.2 patch)
- Model management improved, right-click actions and point loads in Member
- Implementation of the Dutch Annex NEN 1992-1-1 NB 2020 for code-checks of reinforced and prestressed concrete sections
- Update of an eccentricity definition of a normal force for concrete compressed columns
News for BIM links
Structural engineers use IDEA StatiCa Checkbot a lot - on average, nearly 40,000 steel connections are imported every month worldwide. Version 22 makes this even more usable for the everyday design process, for all our supported BIM links.
IDEA StatiCa Checkbot version 22.0 brings you:
- Enhanced management tools for adding or merging nodes of imported connections and members
- A wider range of connected 3rd party applications - new link for RAM Structural system, STRAP and Tekla Structural Designer
- Export of editable connection projects directly from Checkbot
- Time savings on syncing of already solved Connection models
- Sync all vs. Sync current item
- Improved Cross-section Conversion
The Checkbot can be started from your 3rd party application or as a standalone app and enables you to combine inputs from multiple sources.
If you want to check the compatibility with your particular application, just take a look at our list of actively supported versions.
Licensing & All applications
We improved the way of reserving and releasing licenses seats in the license pool of your company. New dialogues make it easier to identify which seats are occupied/available. You can also easily define when your seat should return to the pool. Read more:
- New version indicator (since 21.1.1 patch)
- Decimal separator and date format according to Windows Regional Settings (since 21.1.2 patch)
See the current list of solved incidents reported by our customers.
Full Release notes
Below you can download the full version of Release notes for IDEA StatiCa v22.0 in PDF.