Steel connection design Reinvented!
Any topology, any loading, in minutes!
Design of walls, beams and details – reinvented!
Structural design and code-check of concrete walls, beams and details of any topology. Thorough analysis and clear output in minutes!
Reinforce all your concrete details!
Automatic identification of optimal reinforcement layout for given loads and supports. DXF import of any shape. Overall check according to the code.
Welcome to IDEA StatiCa
Engineering software dedicated to structural design and code-check of joints, cross sections, beams and other details.
IDEA StatiCa Webinars
Have you missed any of our webinars?
Watch it online now or anytime you want to.
Prepared by structural engineers for structural engineers. Tons of interesting real projects, examples of solutions for issues structural engineers are dealing with in their daily business, new product features, and tips & tricks how to work effectively with the software.
All of that and much more you can find in IDEA StatiCa webinars.
Design and code-check of steel connections and joints
IDEA StatiCa Connection designs and checks welded or bolted connections, 2D or 3D joints, anchoring or footing of all topologies. We provide clear pass / fail checks according to EN/AISC/CISC/AU/SP 16 standards in a complete report with drawings. For analysis, the unique CBFEM method based on finite elements is used. Modeling considers an elastic-plastic material model for all the elements of the joint – plates, elements, bolts and welds. Prestressed bolts and plastic behavior of the welds are also taken into account.
- Analysis of stress and strain of all connections and joints.
- The load is applied in increments, the corresponding stress and strain is calculated and evaluated.
- Linear analysis of stability of the connection elements.
- The coefficient of critical load with the corresponding deflection shapes.
- Rotational and axial joint stiffness (rigid, semi-rigid and pinned) and joint characteristics – initial stiffness.
- Seismicity checks.
- Iterative calculation of design load of the joint.
Reinforcement and code-check of concrete walls, beams, and details
IDEA StatiCa Detail reinforces and checks all types of walls, beams, and details (in 2D) such as dapped ends, openings, hangings, brackets, diaphragms, frame joints and many more. We provide clear pass / fail checks of ULS and SLS according to the code with complete report and bill of material. The most effective position of reinforcement is identified automatically. IDEA StatiCa Detail uses finite element analysis to break the limits of the standard design approach.
- Non-linear analysis performed in the background.
- Stress and strain determined by modified compression field theory.
- Reinforcement results based on tension chord model.
- Crack width and deflection checks. Compression softening.
- Tension stiffening.
- Results verified by ETH Zurich.
IDEA StatiCa in the global workflow
Do your project from scratch or build on geometry and loading imported from Robot, Revit, MIDAS Civil + Gen, STAAD.Pro, SAP 2000, Scia Engineer, RFEM, RSTAB, AxisVM, ConSteel and others.
Take advantage of the link between IDEA StatiCa and Tekla Structures or Advance Steel to provide workshop drawings and support manufacturing process.
We as engineers have to know, that what we are providing is fully buildable and designable. There is no point in offering a connection to a contractor to design if that isn’t the case. IDEA StatiCa allows us to take the output from – let’s say an Advanced Steel model – and very quickly run through these options.Graham Aldwinckle