Release notes IDEA StatiCa Steel & Concrete 21.1
Note: Connection Browser was renamed to Connection Library with version 23.0 (April, 2023).
IDEA StatiCa 21.1 is the second release of the year and brings more features than the spring one. What did we try to achieve with this version? We are pushing our BIM workflows to the next level, allowing engineers to design more in reinforced and prestressed concrete, and implement plenty of features for connection design we were asked to from around the world by you - our customers.
Enjoy and Calculate yesterday's estimates!
News for BIM
Reliable BIM workflows are key for effective project work. That is why we have invested in the massive upgrade of the "Code-Check Manager" application. We also gave it a better name: the Checkbot. This slick-looking application is the new hub of IDEA StatiCa workflows with 3rd party software boosting the productivity of engineers working with our BIM links.
IDEA StatiCa Checkbot gives you:
- Complete control over your imported connections and members
- Clear list of all imported items including status checked/not-checked
- 3D visualization of imported members and loads
- Conversion table for materials & cross-sections
- Load combinations management
News for Concrete and Prestressing
Slender reinforced concrete columns are very sensitive to imperfections which puts extra pressure on engineers during the whole design-build cycle. IDEA StatiCa Member, equipped with a new GMNIA solver in version 21.1, provides a reliable tool for engineers who need to deliver clear and comprehensive design reports of slender columns. Read more about slender column design.
IDEA StatiCa Detail has proven to be a unique structural design tool for critical members and details in reinforced concrete structures. Version 21.1 expands IDEA StatiCa Detail to pre-stressed concrete as well. Engineers can now understand, design and code-check discontinuities in pre-cast members and details. This dramatically decreases the time needed to design pre-stressed beams, diaphragms, etc. Read more about designing prestressed discontinuity regions.
Other improvements in concrete and pre-stressing include:
- Speeding up the solver of IDEA StatiCa for the design of concrete discontinuities by up to 30 %
- Enhanced crack width check of cross-sections with a large concrete cover
- Bulk import from DXF drawing to Detail (in patch 21.1.1 and onwards)
- Ordering of load cases in Detail (in patch 21.1.1 and onwards)
News for Steel
IDEA StatiCa Connection is quickly becoming the standard choice for connection design worldwide. Version 21.1 brings various code-check and modeling improvements as well as a new approach to handle repetitive connection designs.
Connection Browser is here! This unique tool will help you find a suitable design solution from a library of predefined designs and apply them right away. The Connection Browser will work with three databases of steel connections. The first is the set defined by IDEA StatiCa in every installation. The second is the set of connection designs created and saved by each user. The third will be a company set of connections each of our customers can create and maintain (this will be released in one of the patches of version 21.1. coming out in a couple of weeks). Read more about the Connection Browser.
Connection design and analysis improvements:
- Custom number of buckling modes – you can now set up to 30 buckling modes
- European steels according to product sheets – specifically for the UK market
- 3D visualization of deformations of steel members
- Use global/local coordinates in supports settings
- Improved code-check of welds – as per Eurocode and Indian standard
- Bearing type options for bolts now fully replaced
- Right-click mouse button design proposal (in patch 21.1.2 and onwards)
- Surface - all around new cutting method (in patch 21.1.2 and onwards)
- Through bolts for hollow sections warning (in patch 21.1.2 and onwards)
- Slip resistance check update according to SP16 (in patch 21.1.4 and onwards)
- Baseplate connection without anchors (in patch 21.1.4 and onwards)
Some outdated applications will be removed from the 21.1 install file. See the list of obsolete applications.
See the current list of solved incidents reported by our customers.
Full Release notes
Below you can download the full version of Release notes for IDEA StatiCa version 21.1 in PDF.