1. Introductory Provision
2. IDEA StatiCa
IDEA StatiCa is a limited liability company based in the Czech Republic that develops software for structural engineers, fabricators, consultants, and all others who perform or use structural analysis. Our software and related services are distributed worldwide through the network of our resellers (the “Resellers“). Details of Resellers can be found here.
IDEA StatiCa acts as the data controller with respect to you.
Our identification and contact detail are as follows:
IDEA StatiCa s.r.o.
company id. no. 283 56 586
registered address at U Vodárny 3032/2a, Brno, 616 00 Czech Republic
tel. +420 511 205 263
3. What personal data do we collect
We may collect personal data from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our Site, when you contact or request information from us, and when you use our Products.
We may process the following personal data:
- If you are a visitor to the Site or if you subscribe for our marketing communication:
- name and job title,
- contact information including the company you work for, email address and country you are located in, your preferences and interests with respect to our Products.
- If you are a customer who purchased the Products directly from us:
- name and job title,
- contact information including the company you work for, address and email address,
- payment and invoicing information,
- information that you provide to us as part of us providing the Products to you,
- various data resulting from using of our Products by you which are necessary for our anti-piracy program,
- information you provide to us during our surveys and information you provide to us for the purposes of attending events
- product usage and performance telemetry and crash and error diagnostics data.
- If you are a customer who purchased the Products from our Reseller we process the same data as in case of direct sales with exception of payment and invoicing information.
- Our Products are purchased mostly by corporate entities which are not personal data subjects. However, as part of this personal data may be provided to us (e.g. personal data relating to any of the respective corporate entities’ officers or personnel). This may include name and contact information.
- If you are a potential recruit to join IDEA StatiCa:
- name and job title,
- contact information including email address,
- curriculum vitae, including your age and/or gender if you provide it to us, your education, employment history, and similar matters and similar information that you may provide to us,
- other information relevant to potential recruitment to IDEA StatiCa.
Social Networking Data
Our applications may include content, buttons, or other tools that link to another company’s services and/or platform(s) (“Plugins”). We collect information about your use of Plugins through third-party programs, such as Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Campaign manager, and others. If you use an application that contains Plugins, information can be transferred directly from your device to a third-party provider of services and/or platforms. We do not control the data collected by Plugins. If you are logged in to a social network, the social network may be able to link your use of our application to their services and/or platform.
For example, if you interact with a Plugin by clicking on "Like," "Follow," or "Share," or by writing a comment, this information may automatically appear in your profile on the relevant social network service or platform. Even if you are not logged in, the Plugins may send your IP address to social network services and/or platforms. Please note this when using our applications.
When you connect to a social networking service or platform on a device that is also used by others, these other users may be able to see information that is stored or displayed in connection with your profile on the social networking service page.
4. What are the purposes of processing of the personal data and the legal basis for the processing
We may use your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal basis:
- Sales of Products
We collect and maintain personal data that you voluntarily submit to enable us or our Reseller to affect the sale of the Products to you and which are necessary to fulfill legal obligations relating to the conclusion of the contract and sale of Product.
Legal basis for this is that the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations.
- Provision of services and performance of contractual obligations
We collect and maintain personal data that you voluntarily submit to enable us or our Reseller to provide our services to you and/or to fulfill contractual obligations we may have with you.
Legal basis for this is that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
- Marketing communications
We use the personal data that we receive from you or observe about you from your interactions with us to send you marketing communications.
We will only send you marketing communications where you have consented to receive such marketing communications, or where we have a lawful right to do so.
If you are our customer legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest. If you are not our customer the legal basis is your consent.
- Customer insight
We analyze the personal data which we obtain from you during our customer and other surveys in order to improve our Products and relating services.
Legal basis for this processing is your consent.
We collect and analyse personal data which we obtain in connection with our anti-piracy program and relevant technical measures.
Legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest.
We use your personal information to assess your suitability for any position for which you may apply.
Legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest.
5. Who do we share your personal data with
We may share personal information with a variety of the following categories of third parties as necessary:
- our professional advisers such as lawyers and accountants,
- government or regulatory authorities,
- third parties to whom we outsource certain services.
6. Third-party contractors
As mentioned above, we may cooperate with sub-contractors, who will process personal data on our behalf and at our direction. We conduct an appropriate level of due diligence and put in place contractual documentation in relation to any sub-contractor to ensure that they process personal data appropriately and according to our legal and regulatory obligations.
7. How long do we keep your personal data for
Personal data collected based on your consent will be retained by us until the consent is revoked. As for the provision of Products and relating services, we will retain relevant personal data for at least five years from the termination of the respective contract, date of the last release of the respective Product’s update or upgrade, or date of our last interaction with you.
If personal data is only useful for a short period we will delete it.
8. Confidentiality and the security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping the personal data provided to us secure and we have implemented appropriate information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our partners, employees, consultants, workers and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal data on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal data.
9. What are your rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- Right of access
If you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal data and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that personal data (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification
If the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified. If you are entitled to rectification and if we’ve shared your personal data with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure
You can ask us to delete or remove your personal data in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If you are entitled to erasure and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing
You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal data or you object to us. If you are entitled to restriction and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Right to object
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
- processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent
If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the relevant Supervisory Authority.
Please note that some of these rights may be limited in particular where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process the data.