Release notes IDEA StatiCa 23.0
News for Steel
Speed, precision, and clarity are the order of the day for our Steel applications in IDEA StatiCa 23.0. For those of you looking for more transparency in your code check outputs, we have included more features and improvements to reports. As one example, not only can you see things such as eccentricities added due to the alignment of one plate to another, you can also see the load effects, whether they start at the beginning of the member or at the end. Plus, should you, in your excitement, accidently click the report tab, the report will not auto-generate, which is guaranteed to avoid some serious frustration!
Did we mention AISC prequalification checks for seismic design? This allows you to already see limits in the 3D scene, remedy any problems in your models immediately with everything then clearly shown in check tables and the report.
With our stunning new mesher, you get even more accurate results with improved reliability and a nicer mesh. Now open sections have a finer mesh by default, helping you achieve results that are safer than ever before.
Code check more with transparent inputs
- Welded sections
- Detailed model and loads reporting
- Qualification checks of seismic prequalified connections for AISC
- Update of ANSI/AISC 360-22, CSA S16:19 standards, and Taiwain sections
- Anchors with stand-off (since patch 22.1.5)
- Eurocode updates to thin-walled members and anchors
Intuitive and fast modeling
- Workplane reference in LCS
- Grouping of operations and other changes in the tree
- Cross-section searchbox
- Edge indexing in Member and Connection models
- Empty connections in Member
- Load on surface warning in Member
- Supports with offset in Member
Speed and precision
- Load Extreme Selection (since patch 22.1.3)
- Smooth results with precise meshing
- Fast calculation time and redrawing of results
- Base plate extended over concrete block (since patch 22.1.1)
- 3D presentation: Scene options
News for Concrete and Prestressing
Our Concrete improvements are of a truly practical and international nature. And for those more demanding Concrete users of you out there, you will be excited to learn that we have implemented automized calculation of equivalent time for long-term deflection in the Beam application. And what about those international updates?
Although metric is commonplace in Europe, the US and Middle East markets still use imperial. Previously, in the Detail application, when you applied new entities to the model that were in metric units but presented everything in imperial units, you got dimensions containing many decimal places. Not any longer. From 23.0 onwards, the dimensions can be rounded according to your preferred unit system.
It is now also possible to run a limited stress check to ignore any irrelevant stress peaks for SLS checks of concrete, which is fully in compliance with Eurocode. You get a 100% code check with a warning about neglected parts, while still remaining completely safe.
IDEA StatiCa Member also enjoys a serious mesh update in the form of triangular mesh. This brings the advantage of a much bigger mesh and the results being less mesh sensitive. Plus, due to the lower amount of finite elements, the calculation is faster, the presentation of the results is faster and the application’s response is better, too.
The improvements in Concrete and Prestressing include:
- Limited stress check feature in Detail
- Implementation of long-term losses in Detail
- Improvements for ACI 318-19 in Detail
- Imperial rounding improvements in Detail
- Realistic reinforcement layouts in Detail
- Equivalent time for deflection in Beam (since patch 22.1.3)
- Triangular mesh in concrete Member
- Faster calculation by up to 25 % in Detail (again!)
- Transition length added to SLS for pre-tensioned tendons in Detail
- GMNIA analysis in Member now includes the code-checking of shear and torsion
News for BIM links
BIM interconnectivity of IDEA StatiCa applications with third-party software has been here for some time. The coverage of the brands and products is really wide, with thirteen in-the-house solutions and several more developed on side of our partners. So, the focus for version 23.0 was not about the number of links, but about the quality and reliability. What has been changed is the way in which we read and use data from other applications. This means our users shouldn't experience any surprises in special cases and workflows.
Our new BimApi solution is continuously spread within the BIM portfolio, and the Load mapping algorithm has got to the new generation of connection recognition.
- BIM link with RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 (since patch 22.1.4)
- Unified BimApi solution – Advance Steel, SAP2000, ETABS
- Load mapping algorithm for importing steel connections (since patch 22.1.1)
- Automatic selection of critical load combinations (since patch 22.1.3)
- Setting up parametric design with Developer Tab
If you want to check the compatibility with your particular application, just take a look at our list of actively supported versions in 23.0.
Cloud & Licensing & All applications
The biggest news in the Cloud is that Web Connection Browser has been renamed Connection Library. This was the decision after a lot of market research into how we can make the library more user-friendly, intuitive and optimize its workflow.
User Portal has also been improved to report the product version, country analytics, the reporting of license clashes and the licensing system has increased stability, eliminating any related support cases.
- Connection Browser renames to Connection Library
- User Portal – admin logs, last time active, version tracking
- IDEA StatiCa basic plan
See the current list of solved incidents reported by our customers.
Global User Day 2023
Come and see version 23.0 in action for yourself at our Global User Day on May 4, 2023 at 2 PM CEST. Get an exclusive demonstration of the key features by the team behind the release and have your questions answered. Find out more here.
Full Release notes
Below you can download the Release notes for IDEA StatiCa v23.0 in PDF.