Webinar date: Oct 12, 2022
Join the webinar and learn about
- Fire resistance analysis for steel connections and members
- Horizontal tying resistance code-check for steel connections
- Thermal analysis for concrete members
- SLS checks for prestressed discontinuity region
- UX improvements for BIM application Checkbot
- and much more...
News for Steel
What happened to all that user feedback about Tying forces and Fire design? We listened, we implemented. There are two brand new analysis types in the IDEA StatiCa Connection application.
The first one looks into situations where the structural engineer has to prevent the possibility of progressive collapse of the structure. For these design states, we have developed the Horizontal tying analysis.
Secondly, the designers are able to analyze steel connections and also the whole members connected together for stated temperatures, thanks to Fire design analysis present both in the IDEA StatiCa Connection and Member applications.
Besides these, we have prepared many other enhancements, which will help with your everyday tasks.
IDEA StatiCa for Steel now provides:
- Horizontal tying resistance
- Fire design of steel connections
- Plate and weld clash check
- Contact can be set alongside weld
- Connection Browser: Properties, parameters, and filtering
- Operation Cut of plate redesigned
- Timber connections: show angle to grains (since patch 22.0.1)
- Dialogue redesign (since 22.0.3)
News for Concrete and Prestressing
The advanced thermal analysis helps you with the fire resistance check of beams, columns, and frames subjected to the fire effects. You can now ensure an optimized and cost-effective structural design that provides the required fire safety.
Is it your daily job to design and assess precast prestressed beams or walls with openings, dapped end beams, or even beams with haunches? IDEA StatiCa Detail brings the SLS code-check of prestressed concrete discontinuity regions.
IDEA StatiCa for Concrete and Prestressing now provides:
- Thermal analysis of members
- SLS checks of prestressed discontinuity regions
- Automatized mesh refinement around openings
- Nonlinear analysis of tapered beams and columns
- Code-check of whole frames in IDEA StatiCa Member
News for BIM links
In version 22.1 we focused on polishing the way how the information is coming to us from 3rd party applications resulting in a new BIMApi interface. This not only gives better stability and power of the Checkbot but also eases the job for other developers and companies willing to connect to IDEA StatiCa applications.
Besides this major improvement, a whole package of useful enhancements for practical use of the Checkbot app is brought in version 22.1.