New BimApi workflow
Our developers changed the way how we bring information from other structural analysis software to our Checkbot app. Until version IDEA StatiCa 22.1, it was quite a different story for every vendor's app we tried to communicate with. It meant, that anybody willing to build and use the IDEA BIM link had to understand the whole process and there was a big space for bugs and errors.
From version IDEA StatiCa 22.1 we use a tool called BimApi. That's the only part of the BIM communication process that the vendor's developers have to understand and adjust their part of the code to.
Enhancements for better BIM interconnections:
- Faster integration (single click)
- Better cross-section recognition
- Progress bar for imports
Messaging for links converted to BimApi
- Import or sync progress shown for three stages (waiting for 3rd party app, reading IOM, generating connections)
- Option to cancel the import
- SAF, SCIA, RFEM5, RSTAB8, STAAD.Pro, Tekla Structures
Available in both Expert and Enhanced editions of IDEA StatiCa Steel.