Codes supported in IDEA StatiCa Steel
For now, IDEA StatiCa Steel users can choose from 8 international or national codes and standards.
- AISC - American Code of Standard Practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges
- EN - Eurocode - used in the majority of European countries (without national annexes)
- CISC - Canadian Code of Standard Practice for Structural Steel
- AS - Australian Standards and Codes of Practice
- SP - Russian National Standards
- GB - Chinese National Standards
- HKG - Hong Kong Code of Practice for the Structural Use of Steel
- IS - Indian Standards
Find more information in the blog post Codes and standards supported in IDEA StatiCa Steel.
News and updates for codes
We're constantly working on keeping the software updated based on the latest versions of codes and standards. Read the following paragraphs and find out what has been improved.
Hong Kong Code (HKG)
The Hong Kong steel design code (HK) for steel-to-steel connections and joints is now available alongside seven other design standards. Component bolts, preloaded bolts, and welds are checked according to HK CoP:2011 and CoP:2013, including detailing. Detailing check for bolts and concrete block resistance check has been implemented too.
Hong Kong standard
This feature is available for the Expert and Enhanced version of IDEA StatiCa Steel product.
Indian design code (IS)
The Indian steel design code (IS) for steel-to-steel joints is now available alongside seven other design standards. Components bolts, preloaded bolts, welds, and concrete in compression are checked according to IS 800:2007 and IS 456:2000, including detailing.
Steel grades, bolt grades, and typical steel cross-sections are listed in the library.
Indian code and typical cross-sections
This feature is available for the Expert and Enhanced version of IDEA StatiCa Steel.
Weld checks specifics as per Eurocode (EN) and Indian Standard (IS)
Weld strength fu (EN, IS) is taken as a minimum from:
- fu of connected plate 1
- fu of connected plate 2
- fu of welding material selected in manufacturing operation
For other standards (AISC, CSA, AS, SP, GB, HKG), the strength is taken from the weld electrode.
Updated in Expert and Enhanced edition of IDEA StatiCa Steel.
Read more about updates for individual codes under the following links: