IDEA StatiCa Viewer plugin for Autodesk Revit
1 How to activate the plugin
- Download and install (as administrator) the Viewer plugin for Autodesk Revit
- Make sure you are using a supported version of Autodesk Revit
- Install Structural Analysis Toolkit for Autodesk Revit – it can be downloaded from Autodesk App Store (Without this toolkit the plugin will export the geometry only and analysis results will not be exported from Revit project.)
After the installation finishes, the following window will pop-up, and depending on the version(s) of Autodesk Revit that you have in your computer, it will inform you which version has been installed.
When you open Autodesk Revit, you will see an IDEA StatiCa tab in the top ribbon that has 2 buttons:
- Code-check manager – Use this if you have IDEA StatiCa installed on your computer, and you want to export a connection straight into the desktop application. To find out more about Code-check manager, see the detailed step-by-step tutorial.
- Viewer – Use this if you don't have IDEA StatiCa installed on your computer, but you need to create and send an IDEA StatiCa project file to a colleague that uses IDEA StatiCa.
2 How to use the plugin
Open the attached project in Autodesk Revit. Then choose IDEA StatiCa in the upper ribbon, Viewer button and choose desired design code in the drop-down menu.
Select the first part of the haunch connection. Then choose the second and third parts of the connection and confirm with the Finish button.
Automatic data transfer is finished and IDEA StatiCa Viewer with the generated project is launched. Geometry, cross-sections, load effects (if present in the Autodesk Revit project) and all needed data from Autodesk Revit were imported.
And now you can export connection to 3D DWG file or save it as IDEA StatiCa file.
Watch the video to see how to work with IDEA StatiCa Viewer plugin.