How to model footing with connecting plate
Modeling of a footing with a connecting plate is a 3-minute task in IDEAStatiCa Connection. We will briefly show how to model this typical steel-to-concrete connection in a few simple steps.
1. Create the general stiffening plate as a base plate.
2. Define general anchors to the base plate SP1.
3. Place another general stiffening plate into the right position. In this example as a rib to the base plate.
4. Add the connecting plate as a new manufacturing operation and adjust its properties.
5. The footing with a connecting plate is ready to be analyzed.
Watch the video to see how easy it can be!