How to model footing with connecting plate
This article shows how to model an inclined tubular member connected by a connecting plate to the base plate, which is anchored to the concrete block. This is a typical anchoring of a bracing member.
1. Create a general stiffening plate to form the base plate.
2. Define general anchors with the operation Bolt grid to anchor the base plate to the concrete block
3. Add another general stiffening plate into the right position to create a rib passing through the tube adn weld it to the base plate.
4. Add the connecting plate manufacturing operation and adjust its properties so that it produces two bolts. The plates are shaped in the Editor to a rounded shape.
5. The footing with a connecting plate is ready to be calculated. To simulate the bracing member transferring normal and shear force only, switch the model type to N-Vy-Vz.
See details in the recorded video.