Believe or not, modelling of a footing with a connecting plate is a three-minute task in IDEA StatiCa Connection.
Footing with connecting plate anchored into the concrete substructure is one of the most common connections engineers are asked to design and code-check.
The whole connection can be modelled in 5 quick steps:
- Create the general stiffening plate as a base plate.
- Define general anchors to the base plate SP1.
- Place another general stiffening plate into the right position – in this example as a rib to the base plate.
- Add the Connecting plate as a new manufacturing operation and adjust the properties.
- Finish the designed the footing with a connecting plate
As you can see in our video, the whole modelling in IDEA StatiCa Connection will not take more than 3 minutes.
Now you can start code-checking or you can import your connection into your CAD software and enjoy the rest of your day 🙂
Put IDEA StatiCa to the test – Start your FREE trial and enjoy 14 days of the full version!