Connection Wednesdays - Stiffness classification
2023-06-07T09:00:00.0000000Z(in your local time, 24-hour format)
Join the webinar and learn about
- The basics of stiffness classification according to the Eurocode
- How to apply the stiffness analysis results back to the global analysis model
- How to use IDEA StatiCa Member as a better option
Stiffness classification - rigid or semi-rigid?
In this webinar, we will briefly review the code requirements related to stiffness classification. Afterward, we will endeavor to design the connections of an actual frame that will be initially designed as moment resisting. We will employ a semi-rigid configuration and subsequently apply the predicted behavior to the global analysis structure. Throughout this process, we will explore common questions and assess their impact on the design.
A detailed solution in IDEA StatiCa Member
Finally, we will utilize the BIM tools provided within the IDEA StatiCa ecosystem to transfer the assessed beams into the app IDEA StatiCa Member. This will enable us to check every component and establish the most accurate deflection and moment values, which can then be compared with the results predicted by the equivalent code methodology and the impact of its underlying idealizations.
Learn about global buckling and stability issues, that can be analyzed and checked in the application IDEA StatiCa Member:
- Connection Wednesdays - Asymmetrical purlin – Complex design
- Code-check of steel members with buckling problems
- Stability analysis of arch-shaped members