Connection Wednesdays - Buckling analysis - an important piece of connection assessment
2023-04-05T09:00:00.0000000Z(in your local time, 24-hour format)
Join the webinar and learn about
- why not to underestimate buckling
- applied theory (buckling shapes, critical load factor)
- practical demonstration on a connection model
- how to handle the thin-walled connections
Buckling, shapes, and factors
During the webinar, we will summarize the main principles of this form of structural instability called buckling. We will recap the theory about the shapes and critical load factor and bring an example with actual results. A recommendation to solve insufficient results is included.
Hollow cross-sections and thin-walled members
We will also tackle the hollow cross-section joints where the criteria for the ultimate limit state is the out-of-plane deformation.
Software IDEA StatiCa Connection is dedicated to the assessment of connections of hot-rolled members. It was not validated for the design of connections of thin-walled members, which is very case-specific, but we will summarize the recommendations for them.
Learn more about global buckling and stability issues, that can be analyzed and checked in the application IDEA StatiCa Member:
- Connection Wednesdays - Asymmetrical purlin – Complex design
- Code-check of steel members with buckling problems
- Stability analysis of arch-shaped members
Register for free and join the live webinar on Wednesday, April 5, 2023, at 11:00 CEST (Prague time, UTC+2).