Calculation of steel connection stiffness – reinvented!
A lot of steel connections in engineering practice require not just a stress-strain check but also stiffness analysis. For the proper stiffness analysis, the separate analysis model must be created for each analyzed member. Then the stiffness analysis is not influenced by the stiffness of other members of the joint, but only by the node itself and the construction of connection of the analyzed member.
Join this webinar to explore a novel way to design and check of steel connections, including stiffness analysis. IDEA StatiCa Connection can deal with any topology and loading in minutes. We will demonstrate following examples:
1) T-shape connection with various design alternatives
2) Footing of a column
3) Complex joint imported from Tekla Structures
Recorded webinar from 19.06.2017
Join the Webinar and learn about:
- How stiffness influences connection design
- Proper stiffness checks of any steel connection according to the code
- How to interpret stiffness analysis results
- Workflows with CAE and CAD programs