Discover how IDEA StatiCa aligns with the AISC codes for prequalified connections in a collaborative study alongside The Ohio State University.
- Five connection types were created and examined against baseline calculations and experimental data.
- Design checks were performed according to AISC 341 (2016), AISC 358 (2016), and AISC 360 (2016).
- Moment capacities and failure modes were modeled and analyzed in IDEA StatiCa.
- Moment rotation analysis was performed in IDEA StatiCa and compared with the experimental data.
- IDEA StatiCa results compared with a traditional FEA approach (ABAQUS model).
- The results obtained from the experiments, AISC design calculations, IDEA StatiCa, and ABAQUS were compared and evaluated.