Webinar date: Jul 08, 2020
Join the webinar and learn about
- Structural design of connections with preloaded bolts
- Different categories of bolted steel connections
- Modeling preloaded bolts in IDEA StatiCa
- ULS and SLS checks of preloaded bolts to ensure design safety
- Eurocode provisions and code-checks for preloaded bolts
Join our Summer Series webinar and find out how IDEA StatiCa deals with the design of connections with preloaded bolts of varying topologies while keeping you in on the safe side defined by the Eurocode.
Example 1 – splice connection design
We will model, load, and check a connection from the "B" category of bolted connections – slip resistance at the serviceability state. We will also create a full design report for this connection.
Example 2 – code-check of a bracing joint
In this example, we will create a connection according to the rules for the "C" category of bolted connections – slip resistance at the ultimate state. Then we will code-check the connection and interpret the results generated in the report.