In the precast concrete industry, finding the optimal solution in terms of utilization of concrete and reinforcement is crucial. With the right geometry and the most efficient reinforcement layout, the engineers are able to save material, and thus an economic but safe design can be provided.
On the other hand, the process of manual optimization can be tedious and time-consuming and does not even make sense for every structure type – especially when the time of design is the governing factor. We are glad that IDEA StatiCa Detail makes this grueling task easier and faster.
Join our webinar on October 29, 2019, and see on the real project of a precast beam how to take advantage of the innovative CSFM (Compatible Stress Field Method) technology and make the most out of your time!
Webinar key features:
- Finding the optimal geometry using haunched beam ends
- Using Topology optimization to obtain the most realistic strut-and-tie model
- Ideal positioning of openings on the beam to minimize self-weight
- Overall calculation and check of the beam in IDEA StatiCa Detail
- Comparison of the solutions using strut-and-tie analogy and CSFM