Advance Steel to IDEA StatiCa workflow
About the Advance Steel plugin
You can select any number of steel connections and members in Advance Design and export them to IDEA StatiCa for structural design and code-checking so you can model, design, load, and check steel connections of any topology and loading. All beams, cross-sections, and internal forces are also completely synchronized if the Advance Design model changes. IDEA StatiCa and Advance Design give you an efficient workflow for your structural steel design that saves time, minimizes errors, helps with optimization, and makes the data available to your colleagues or subcontractors doing detailing and fabrication.
The BIM link is managed by IDEA StatiCa Checkbot - an application for the management of BIM workflows. This means for you:
- Export and synchronize connections and members easily
- Complete control over all of your imported connections and members
- A clear list of all imported items including status checked/not-checked
- 3D visualization of imported members
- Conversion table for materials and cross-sections
Read more about How Checkbot works.
IDEA StatiCa Viewer plugin for Advance Steel
This FREE plugin for Autodesk Advance Steel allows you to export a steel joint to IDEA StatiCa – the global leader in the design of steel joints according to international codes. Whether you have an IDEA StatiCa license or not, this plugin gives you the option to create an IDEA StatiCa file that you can send to your colleagues.
Advance Steel BIM link video
How to get started
Getting started is easy!
- Download and install both applications on the same PC.
- Check the third-party provider for any installation requirements.
- Start exporting and designing steel connections right away!
Please note that like with most software, there is always a short delay when new versions are released and the BIM links are updated. Please check out the list of compatible versions before installing the plugin.
You can find a list of known limitations here.