MIDAS & IDEA StatiCa – The powerful BIM integration
Using two powerful tools will make you an efficient engineering expert
- Why midas for the global model and analysis?
Midas Civil/Gen is a state-of-the-art engineering software that sets a new standard for the design of bridges and civil structures. It features a distinctively user-friendly interface and optimal design solution functions that can account for construction stages and time-dependent properties. Its highly developed modeling and analysis functions enable engineers to overcome common challenges and inefficiencies of finite element analysis.
- Why IDEA StatiCa for the code-checks?
IDEA StatiCa Concrete provides economic and safe code-checks of common, as well as complex, non-standard reinforced, prestressed concrete cross-sections. And IDEA StatiCa Steel can design all types of welded or bolted connections according to various codes of practice.
Types of structures modeled and analyzed in midas Civil/Gen and easily code-checked in IDEA StatiCa
- Integral bridge made of reinforced or prestressed concrete
- Prestressed girder bridges (Tee, double Tee, I-girders, multicell box-girders)
- Composite bridge of type concrete-concrete
- Bridges build-up by complex construction stage methods, such as free cantilever method (FCM), incremental launching method (ILM), movable scaffolding system (MSS), and others
- Steel bridges
- Multi-story buildings, Skyscrapers, Power plants, etc.
midas Civil/Gen to IDEA StatiCa workflow
Good news everyone, midas Civil/Gen are linked to IDEA StatiCa for all over the world!
Follow these simple steps to set up the BIM link correctly:
- Activate the BIM link in midas Civil/Gen
- Create a model of the bridge, industrial structure, or building
- Subject the structure to load actions, dead load, prestress, temperature load, moving load, etc.
- Generate the construction stages if needed
- Run the analysis in midas, get the internal forces
- Export to IDEA StatiCa
- Set the design parameters like code, reinforcement, manufacturing operations, and check it there!
For Concrete design:
- Code-check any concrete cross-section, reinforced, pre-or post-tensioned, even composite with a cast-in-situ slab. Assess bridge load rating (BLR).
For Steel design:
- Code-check any topology of steel connection
Before you decide to assess the structure in IDEA StatiCa, check if your desired code is implemented in IDEA StatiCa Concrete or Steel.
Check out the short videos below showing the principle of the BIM link between midas Civil/Gen and IDEA StatiCa:
Create your project in midas Civil/Gen and export to IDEA file according to these tutorials:
Many structural engineers use midas Civil to IDEA StatiCa workflow in their everyday practice. For example, let's take a look at an interesting case study of a Prestressed concrete roof in Zbysov, Czech Republic.