SCIA Engineer to IDEA StatiCa workflow
About the SCIA Engineer plugin
You can select any concrete member or part of the whole SCIA Engineer model and export it to IDEA StatiCa for structural design. All the members, cross-sections, and internal forces are also completely synchronized if the SCIA Engineer model changes. IDEA StatiCa and SCIA Engineer give you an efficient workflow for your structural concrete design that saves time, minimizes errors, and opens up optimization possibilities.
The BIM link is managed by Checkbot - an application for the management of BIM workflows. This means:
- Export and synchronize members easily
- Complete control over all of your imported members
- A clear list of all imported items including status checked/not-checked
- 3D visualization of imported members
- Conversion table for materials and cross-sections
- Load combinations management
Read more about How Checkbot works.
SCIA Engineer BIM link video
How to get started
You do not need anything special to get started - just download and install both applications on the same PC, and activate the BIM link in a few easy steps. And you can start exporting and designing concrete members right away. All exports are managed by IDEA StatiCa Checkbot, where you can select any member and open it in detail.