Tekla Structures to IDEA StatiCa workflow
About the Tekla Structures plugin
You can model connections in your CAD, export the connection directly to IDEA StatiCa from within Tekla Structures, apply the loads to the connection, and then code-check your connection. All beams, cross-sections, and operations (bolts, holes, welds, and cuts) are also completely synchronized if the Tekla Structures model changes. IDEA StatiCa and Tekla Structures give you an efficient workflow for your structural steel design that saves time, minimizes errors, helps with optimization, and makes the data available to your colleagues or subcontractors doing detailing and fabrication.
The BIM link is managed by IDEA StatiCa Checkbot – an application for the management of BIM workflows. This means you can:
- Export and synchronize connections and members easily
- Have complete control over all of your imported connections and members
- See a clear list of all imported items including status checked/not-checked
- Create a 3D visualization of imported members
- See a conversion table for materials and cross-sections
Read more about How Checkbot works.
Tekla Structures BIM link video
How to get started
Getting started is easy!
- Download and install both applications on the same PC.
- Open the IDEA Bim Links App - IDEA StatiCa will automatically detect the Installation of the Software.
- Click Install or follow the instructions in the tutorial for more details.
- Start exporting and designing steel connections right away!
Please note that like with most software, there is always a short delay when new versions are released and the BIM links are updated. Please check out the list of compatible versions before installing the plugin.
You can find a list of known limitations here.
IDEA StatiCa Viewer plugin for Tekla Structures
This FREE plugin for Tekla Structures allows you to export a steel joint to IDEA StatiCa according to international codes whether you have an IDEA StatiCa license or not.
This plugin gives you the option to create directly from the Tekla Structures IDEA StatiCa file which you can send to your colleagues.