RISA-3D to IDEA StatiCa workflow
About the RISA-3D plugin
You can export parts of your RISA-3D model in SAF format containing the model geometry, materials, and cross-sections used, as well as the internal force results for specified load cases and combinations. This allows you to model, design, load, and check steel connections of any topology and loading. IDEA StatiCa and RISA-3D give you an efficient workflow for your structural steel design that saves time, minimizes errors, helps with optimization, and makes the data available to your colleagues or subcontractors doing detailing and fabrication.
- This SAF-based integration is developed and maintained by RISA-3D. IDEA StatiCa does not take primary responsibility for maintaining this integration. All technical requirements and questions should be addressed to the link developer directly.
- When creating the SAF file from RISA, it is requested to modify the Y vertical axis to the Z vertical axis. Once the SAF file is imported, all the members are rotated. The workaround to avoid the rotation of the members is:
- Open the SAF file before importing in Checkbot and go to “StructuralCurveMember” sheet
- Change column L (LCS) from “Y by Vector” to “Z by vector” in all the members
- Finally, import the model into IDEA Checkbot
See the below video with the process to import the model into IDEA StatiCa Checkbot.