STRAP to IDEA StatiCa workflow
About STRAP plugin
You can export the STRAP analysis model and design all your steel connections, along with complete checks according to the selected code. When combined with IDEA StatiCa Checkbot, you can model, design, load, and check steel connections of any topology and loading. The exported nodes contain the model geometry, materials, and cross-sections used in members connected to the nodes, as well as the internal force results for specified load cases and combinations. IDEA StatiCa and STRAP give you an efficient workflow for your structural steel design that saves time, minimizes errors, helps with optimization, and makes the data available to your colleagues or subcontractors doing detailing and fabrication.
This BIM link is managed by IDEA StatiCa Checkbot - an application for the management of BIM workflows. This means for you:
- Export and synchronize connections and members easily
- Complete control over all of your imported connections and members
- A clear list of all imported items, including status checked/not-checked
- 3D visualization of imported members and loads
- Conversion table for materials and cross-sections
- Load combinations management
Read more about How Checkbot works.
STRAP BIM link is developed and maintained by ATIR Engineering Software Development. IDEA StatiCa does not take any responsibility for this integration. All technical requirements and questions about the integration must be addressed to the developer.
STRAP BIM link video
How to get started
Getting started is easy!
- Download and install both applications on the same PC.
- Check the third-party provider for any installation requirements.
- Start exporting and designing steel connections right away!
Please note that like with most software, there is always a short delay when new versions are released and the BIM links are updated. Please check out the list of compatible versions before installing the plugin.