Connection Wednesdays – February 20th, 2019
Connection Wednesdays – CHS joints in practice
CHS joints are very common in steel structures these days and the variety of the topologies and possible design is enormous.
This pushes IDEA StatiCa Connection onto the edge of possibilities what can be easily accomplished in a minute. We are going to take a tour into the unknown tips for advanced design on CHS joints.
- Customer project – CHS bracing joint stiffened by plates
- How to make stiffeners in CHS joint – Design hint
- Doubler on CHS member, how – Design hint
During the webinar, you will see the whole workflow of modeling, loading, and code-check of one interesting steel joint. In addition, we go through “HelpDesk highlights” – vibrant topic from our support desk and our customer’s suggestions. At the end of each webinar, there will be a Q&A section to discuss any questions.
On Wednesdays, we run two same sessions: the first at 11:00 CET (Prague time), followed by another one at 1:00 PM EST (New York time). Register below and join the session that fits your day.
Join our experienced Product Engineers and calculate yesterday’s estimates!
Join the webinar and learn about:
- Deep understanding of possibilities of manufacturing operations
- Straightforward approach doesn’t work? Finding workaround may help
- Tips and tricks for more effective design in IDEA StatiCa Connection
- Innovative CBFEM method analysis
Swiss cable car station – nonstandard CHS joint
A nonstandard CHS bracing joint stiffened by two plates which are placed in steel structure of the bottom cable car station in Swiss Alps. We will go through the whole design together and highlight hints which may help you with designing such joints.
HelpDesk highlight – CHS joints
In the second part of the webinar, we are going to share most vibrant helpdesk highlights about CHS joints with you.