1 How to activate the plugin
- Download and install (as administrator) the Viewer plugin for Tekla Structures
- Make sure you are using a supported version of Tekla Structures
After the installation finishes, the following window will pop up, and depending on the version(s) of Tekla Structures that you have on your computer, it will inform you which version has been installed.
When you open Tekla Structures, you will see a new IDEA StatiCa tab with two buttons:
- Viewer – Use this if you don't have IDEA StatiCa installed on your computer, but you need to create and send an IDEA StatiCa project file to a colleague that uses IDEA StatiCa.
- Code-check manager – Use this if you have IDEA StatiCa installed on your computer, and you want to export a connection straight into the desktop application. To find out more about Code-check manager, see the detailed step-by-step tutorial.
2 How to use the plugin
Open the project in Tekla Structures. Choose the IDEA StatiCa tab in the upper ribbon, the Viewer button, and choose the desired design code.
1. Select the point which represents the node.
2. choose all the structural members of the joint, the first chosen member will be set as the bearing one. Confirm selection with the spacebar.
3. Select all the remaining entities of the connection such as plates, bolts, and welds. Again, confirm with the spacebar.
Automatic data transfer is finished and IDEA StatiCa Viewer with the generated project is launched (you need an internet connection). The geometry, cross-sections and all needed data were imported from Tekla Structures.
And now you can export connection to 3D DWG file or save it as IDEA StatiCa Connection (.ideacon) file.
Watch the following video to see how this works: